Monday, August 1, 2011

NEW VIDEO: Foo Fighters' "Best Of You" Acoustic Cover

You know how every once in a while, you see a movie that has a powerful message, and at then end of the movie, you just kinda sit there, silent, contemplating what you have just seen, and you just know that it's gonna stay with you for awhile?

This video had that effect on me.



I've said this before, but I'll say it again now, and I'm sure I'll say it at again some point in the future.

I. LOVE. WATCHING. THIS. MAN.

This video.....man, I don't even know how to put into words the effect it has on me. Everything about it is artistic perfection. The lighting, the quiet vulnerability of it, the passion in the music and Alejandro's voice.....he puts his heart and soul into every song he sings. It's such an amazing thing to watch.

Foo Fighters' front man, Dave Grohl, had this to say about the song:

"Best of You is a song of resistance. It's about the refusal to be taken advantage of by something that's bigger than you, or someone you're in love with. It's the fight in the face of adversity."

That's pretty much exactly how I interpreted the lyrics, and honestly, this one doesn't even feel like a cover to me. It's like a different song altogether. I definitely prefer the "Boyced" version over the original, because I like Boyce Avenue's style of music better. But even so, you have to admit Alejandro's interpretation of it is pretty genius. It changes the entire feel of the song. The Foo Fighters' version is loud and angry, and the Boyce Avenue version is vulnerable and soft.

A fan posted a quote on Alejandro's Facebook Wall today, and it really sums it up better than anything I could think to say:

"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, and his head, and his heart is an artist." ~St. Francis of Assisi


Alejandro Manzano is an artist in every way, to the very core.

Just for fun, here's the Foo fighters' version.



What do you think of the video? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)