Saturday, August 27, 2011

Another Enthusiastic Review From Melbourne!!

Well, it's obvious from Twitter and Facebook that Boyce Avenue have left a TON of very satisfied fans in their wake as they say goodbye to Australia and head back to the states.  It has been so much fun reading everyone's thoughts about the shows, and it's very clear that the guys had a blast in the "Land Down Under."

I received another review today from a VERY enthusiastic fan who saw Boyce Avenue's show at the Forum in Melbourne earlier this week.  Lauchie is a great BA fan and an aspiring guitarist, and he offered a very detailed and entertaining play-by-play of his entire experience.  :)

It was a cold winter night on the 8th of August when,  after weeks of disappointment,  I found out that Boyce Avenue’s Melbourne show was All Ages (via Boyce Avenue Street Team Australia’s Facebook Page.)  After some research and talks with my parents, we decided that I could go and we bought two tickets (for my Mum and me.)  The next day was my birthday! So I had to wait a couple of weeks but at least they put out more covers to keep me from going crazy! We got the tickets in the mail during the first week and that made it real...it was actually happening.

After school on the 25th of August we started on our way to Melbourne (about a 1½ hour trip.) We plugged my iPhone into the car and blasted Boyce Avenue covers and originals. We parked a couple of blocks away [from the Forum] and walked down. Once we got there, we had a quick chat to one of the bouncers and turned the corner to find we were the first ones there. This made me even more excited because [I] realized that we were going to be at the front of the line. It was about 5:30 in the afternoon and the doors were not opening until 7:45. So we sat down and waited.

After about 20 minutes, more people started to show up.  We started to hear faint music coming [from inside]....it was Boyce Avenue starting their sound-check. We [struck up a conversation with] the girl sitting next to us, and we actually talked right up to 7:45 and stayed together all night.

At 7:15 the bouncers put us into the line they had made and things started to fall into place. Right at 7:45, they opened the doors. I ran over to the Merchandise Stand and bought a t-shirt and the All We Have Left CD. Then we waited for the Auditorium Doors to open at 8:00.

As soon as the doors opened, I got three positions saved on the barrier for my Mum, our new friend and myself...which was right in front of where Alejandro would be standing!

We talked while waiting for the support act (Mark Wilkinson) to come on. While waiting I tried to take pictures of the setlist, and while I failed, the girls next to us did not.  The setlist was great and we all were beaming with excitement. I read out the excited Boyce Avenue tweets to everyone until 8:25, when Mark came out. He was actually pretty good but the only song that really stood out for me (and Mum also) was the song about Benny about being bullied (I may have forgotten the name.)

Mark finished at 9:05 and we had to wait fifteen minutes for Boyce Avenue to come out. Someone came out and hid behind the drum kit, sticking his head out to watch the crowd every so often. We also got our photos taken by one of them to put on Twitter. One of the roadies moved Alejandro’s microphone stand closer to us. This made us all go quiet for a few seconds, realizing he was going to be so close.

At 9:20 the guys came out and [opened with] Daylight, which then quickly turned into Tonight and the crowd was pumped and started to sing along.  Tonight [transitioned] into Not Enough and after some talking with the crowd Alejandro grabbed an acoustic guitar and played the best version of Wonderwall I had ever heard, with a guitar solo and everything. That was followed by More Things To Say, which had an awesome acoustic guitar solo played by Alejandro! He then swapped guitars and they all sat on stools to play Find Me, Teenage Dream, Grenade, and Briane. They all then stood up and played When The Lights Die.


Photo by Xenia Agrotis

Alejandro swapped his electric guitar for a keyboard and belted out Broken Angel and On My Way. The he was back on his acoustic guitar and played Change Your Mind and Rolling In The Deep.

Alejandro [went] back to an electric and played an awesome version of Every Breath. Then they went off stage and came back on for the encore, in which they played Dare To Believe [with Alejandro back on the keyboard], Iris on acoustic and Hear Me Now on electric. They got half the crowd singing the Ooh woah's and the other half doing the Can you hear me now's.  Right before leaving the stage Alejandro gave me his guitar pick and I nearly died.

We waited out the front for about ten minutes to try and meet them but as they didn’t come out we left for home. On the way back we listened to my video of the night and it was really great.  The next day I still couldn’t believe what had happened the night before. I can’t wait for them to come back.

All in all I thought it was a fantastic concert. And my Mum is now a big fan. Well done, Boyce Avenue! It was worth coming out to see you live. A brilliant night was had by all!

Australia, you have been BOYCED!


Lauchie, you are awesome!!  This recap/review was so much fun to read, and I'm so glad you shared your experience with all of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)