Sunday, August 7, 2011

FEATURED FAN FOR AUGUST: SARA DI MARE

WOOP!! WOOP!! Cue the Cyber Cheerleaders!! This month's Featured Fan is our first International Featured Fan!!

*\O/* *\O/* *\O/* *\O/*

SARA DI MARE
22 YEARS OLD
BERLIN, GERMANY




How and when did you discover Boyce Avenue?

I first discovered Boyce Avenue about 3 or 4 years ago. My friend and I were looking for an acoustic version of “Lovestoned” by Justin Timberlake. We found their cover and loved it! We were watching more of their videos and found out that they are brothers. I remember saying that they’re incredible talented and I subscribed to their channel. But at that time I wasn’t really spending much time on YouTube. I checked on my subscriptions every few months and I remember falling in love with their cover of “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay. I put some more covers on my phone (I didn’t have an ipod at that time) and then I kind of forgot about them. Hard to believe, I know, I can’t even believe it myself.

Then, in October 2010, I was going through a tough time and stumbled upon the acoustic version of their original song “Change Your Mind”. I was overwhelmed. That guy was exactly speaking my mind. I checked in the description box who wrote the song. I looked for him on facebook, wrote him a message and he added me as a friend. Every since that time I was hooked!


What are your favorite BA cover and your favorite BA original song?

Wow this is a tough question. It’s really hard to choose, because I love almost all of them. I think [my favorite cover] is "Will You Be There" because I used to be huge Michael Jackson fan when I was a kid and that one brought a lot of great memories back (same with "Back For Good".) I think it’s not easy to make a MJ cover so good and so unique in its own way. And I’m a big fan of the piano.

My favorite Original is probably "Change Your Mind" because that was the first one I really listened to. I could relate to this one completely and it made me the fan I am today. "Broken Angel" also means a lot to me and I absolutely love "On My Way" and "Find Me." You see? It’s hard for me to pick one. ;)


How many times have you seen Boyce Avenue live, and where?

Just one time, in April this year, in Hamburg. It was the first time I went to a concert all by myself....I drove from Berlin to Hamburg with a complete stranger to see them perform. I also had no place to stay overnight.

After the concert I waited for the guys to come out but I ended up waiting at the wrong spot and missed them. Two hours later I found out they were gone. So unfortunately I didn’t meet them. But I will next time for sure! I also spent the night at a complete stranger’s, so it was quite an adventure for me. And it was so worth it! I will never forget that night!


Tell us why you love Boyce Avenue.

Wow, there are so many reasons to love these guys, I don’t see any reason not to.

First of all, I love their music. All of them are so talented and so passionate about what they do and you can see and feel how they love it and how they put their heart and soul into their songs. Their music is like medicine to me and like a drug, I can’t get enough of it. Also the lyrics are so brilliant and I love how people can relate to at least one of their songs, cause they have the talent to write a song from another perspective.

Second thing is, I love how they keep in touch with their fans and how they do everything to make us happy. They care so much about us and are working hard to fulfill our expectations. They always try to take everything to another level and to get better in everything they do. I have so much respect for them for doing (almost) everything on their own.

And last but least, I love the people they attract. I love the Boyce Avenue family. Because of this band I got to know so many wonderful people all over the world and I wouldn’t wanna miss that for anything. My life changed completely and I’ve never been so happy before. Without all these people and the amazing Manzano brothers, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. So thank you! I love you all!


We love you too, Sara!! Thanks for being such a great Boyce Avenue Fan!! Hopefully you'll get to meet them when they return to Berlin in November!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)