Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another Great Collab from Boyce Avenue and Tyler Ward

Last week, Boyce Avenue released the video for the first of two collaborations Boyce Avenue did with fellow YouTuber Tyler Ward. This week they released the second one....a beautiful cover of Coldplay's "Fix You."

I wasn't too familiar with the original by Coldplay (shame on me) but I went and listened to it a couple of months ago when a friend mentioned it was one of her favorite songs EVER. Great song, but it didn't really resonate with me until I heard Boyce Avenue's take on it....this tends to happen on a pretty regular basis.



This cover is just amazing. It's very quickly moving its way up on my list of favorite Boyce Avenue covers. Alejandro and Tyler sound so good together! But honestly for me, the best part of the video is from about 2:33 on. Alejandro plays that guitar riff so flawlessly (I love Daniel's face at 2:37...you can tell he's very proud of Alejandro)....the control and emotion in Alejandro's voice from 3:55 to 4:22 is amazing.....and Daniel is rockin' that Cajon!! :)

One thing I did notice while watching Coldplay's video for "Fix You" is that they seem to put on an amazing live show, and their fans LOVE them. As an artist, I would think to hear thousands and thousands of people singing your songs would be such an amazing experience. Just for fun, here's Coldplay's video for "Fix You":



No comments:

Post a Comment

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)