Sunday, September 25, 2011

NEW VIDEO FEATURING TYLER WARD!!

Boyce Avenue recently collaborated with fellow YouTuber Tyler Ward, who will be opening for them on the upcoming European leg of their Fall Tour. Together, they recorded two new acoustic covers: Coldplay's Fix You and Fuel's Shimmer.

Tyler has said that Boyce Avenue is one of his biggest influences, and fans have been requesting a Boyce Avenue/Tyler Ward collab for quite some time now. (Watch the guys talk about this at the end of the video.)

Today, Boyce Avenue released the video for Shimmer.  Have a look.  And a listen.  :)



I like it.....I had never heard the original by Fuel....or if I had, I didn't remember it. So, I went and looked for it, and while I couldn't find an "official video" for the song, I found this version of it, performed live on VH1's Storytellers....10 years ago. And now I know now why I don't remember the song. It's because I never would have listened to it. It was not then, nor is it now, my kind of music.

For comparison, here's the video of Fuel performing "Shimmer" live.  Notice the title of it says it's the "best version" ...I beg to differ. I assert that the Boyce Avenue/Tyler Ward version DOMINATES Fuel's version, and is therefore, in my book at least, the "best version." But what do I know? I'm biased.  You be the judge.



Once again, Boyce Avenue has taken a song that I would never listen to and made me listen to it repeatedly. They're very good at that. :)

Side note: It just so happens that Tyler Ward & Crew kicked off their first US/Canada Tour two nights ago right here in Seattle, and I went and checked them out.  IT WAS AMAZING!! (More on that later this week in another post.)

What do you think of the new video? And for those of you in Europe, how excited are you that Tyler will be opening for Boyce Avenue in November?

Share your thoughts in the comments below!!

Fix You and Shimmer are now available on Boyce Avenue's Cover Collaborations, Vol. 2 on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)