Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gwen's BA California Adventure

You guys might recall from Kimmy's Boyce Avenue Tour Recap that she met up in San Francisco with Gwen from Boyce Avenue Street Team Australia. Gwen knew that she wouldn't be able to be at any of Boyce Avenue's Europe shows (she is currently preparing to travel the world!!) but she is still one lucky lady....she got to go to all three of Boyce Avenue's California shows.  Here's Gwen's recap of her awesome California Boyce Avenue Adventure!!

My Boyce Avenue Marathon

So, my adventure started with this trip to California with my friend Camille. I knew I wouldn’t be in Europe for Boyce Avenue's 2011 Fall Tour, so I decided to go to the US. Of course, I didn’t come only for them but they were the "trigger" that made me go to California. What a perfect combo: a trip to Cali, and my favorite band! :D


Gwen and Camille enjoying the California sunshine

Camille and I spent the 2 first weeks in the US road tripping and it was amazing, we had so much fun, and finally the date of the first concert came.




Round 1 : San Francisco


It was at the Fillmore. I was so excited because I was about to meet Kimmy and to see the guys as I had the pre-show Meet & Greet. Camille and I arrived early (after getting lost haha.) We met up with Kimmy and started to chat about Boyce Avenue stuff.

Camille, Kimmy & Gwen in San Francisco

At 6 pm, they finally told us to get in for the Meet & Greet. To be honest, I didn’t expect it to be so quick. One hug, one pic, one minute. I was glad to see the guys, though.

Before the show in San Francisco
The concert was really great! We were front row, right in the middle!! Megan Nicole was the opening act and she was great, then Curtis Peoples who I really like....he’s a talented guy.

Then it was the guys' turn. Like usual, they were amazing. When I go to their concerts, the excitement is always the same when I hear "Daylight" start. The intro of this song is so amazing it gives me shivers all the time.


Time flew so fast it was already over. We decided to stick around after the show to take pictures with Megan and Curtis and we finally got to see the guys and also Jason (their drummer) and took some pictures with them. The time after the show was way better than the pre-show Meet & Greet.

Camille, Fabian, Gwen, Alejandro, Daniel and Kimmy after the San Francisco show.


Round 2 : Los Angeles

The second concert in Los Angeles wasn’t my favorite...not because of the guys but because of the venue. We had booked balcony seats because I wanted a different angle [for] pictures, and when we arrived, security told me that the balcony was closed and that I had to sit off to the side of the stage. I was really bummed because it wasn’t what I had expected, but still the concert was awesome.

Before the show I went to talk to Hook (Boyce Avenue's merchandise guy) because I needed a picture of the merch table for the street team, we talked a little bit. He was really nice.

There was a small sound problem at the beginning of the show when [Alejandro's] microphone wasn’t on and he started to sing the intro of "Daylight" without any mic, so nobody could hear him. But the concert went well, and I enjoyed it, like I always do. I never get tired of seeing them live. It brings stars in my eyes every time.

Great shot of the guys on the stage in Los Angeles
At the end of the show I came to see Hook for the Meet & Greet. We went backstage and Alejandro was the first to arrive. I had brought my guitalele and my travel book so they could sign it. Alejandro found my guitalele really cool and couldn’t resist tuning it with his iPhone, and started to play a little bit. I think he wanted to steal it, haha. Then he wrote a little note in my travel book (which I waited to read until I got back to the hotel.) We took pictures and Fabian arrived. He signed my travel book and signed my guitalele. Unfortunately, Daniel wasn’t there, but it was okay because I knew I would see them the next day. ;)

Two out of three isn't bad.  :)
I returned to my hotel that night and read my travel book. Reading what they wrote put a smile on my face.

Round 3 : San Diego

The last show but not the least. ;)

We arrived around 5:30 pm and met Rudy, another Street Teamer, at the House of Blues. It was great to meet some others members of the BA family. I retrieved my Meet & Greet passes for the after show and found out that there were 2 tickets to the show each for me, Camille and Rudy, so we found ourselves with 3 tickets per person! Finally the doors opened and we entered in the venue. I was front row...my spot was perfect!! The show started with Megan. She was really great! Then Curtis Peoples, perfect as always, and they sang a duet together, which was great. I took a lot of pictures because all the conditions was there to make perfect pictures: my spot, the lighting and the height of the stage. When Curtis was done, the security guy came to me and asked me to stop taking pictures with my camera because it was a "pro" one. But my camera is not a professional camera. I asked him why and he said that the venue didn’t allow pro camera, I was so bummed, I couldn’t believe all the great shots that I would never take. I enjoyed the show anyway, I think I can say that it was my favorite so far because I was at the perfect spot, and Alejandro smiled at Camille and me from time to time, as if to say, "Hey."

What really makes me smile at their show is how girls can be crazy, screaming, "I love you!!" and he always answers, "I love you, too." :)

As always, perfect show, perfect band. After it was over, we headed to the merch table for the Meet & Greet. The security guys started to ask for our ID to see if we were over 21...no problem for Camille and me, but Rudy and his sister are underage and the security guys wouldn’t let them go backstage as there was alcohol backstage. I was like, "Come on, they're here for the Meet & Greet, and to see the guys, not to drink a bottle of scotch and get wasted." Still, they didn’t want to let them in. Hook told them, "Come on, it’s okay, it’s a Meet & Greet," but they were so stubborn, I couldn’t believe it! Finally all of us got to go in. The guys gave us big hugs, we took pictures, we chatted a bit and got my travel book signed by Daniel.

Rudy, Gwen and the guys backstage at House of Blues San Diego
A quiet moment between Alejandro and Gwen's travel buddy, Fraggle
We talked about my traveling and they asked me in which countries I was going to. When the Meet & Greet was over, they told me to stay safe on my half round the world trip. We said goodbye and came back home.

What a fantastic experience!! It was a trip I will never forget. I can’t wait to see them again!!


Gwen, thanks so much for sharing your Boyce Avenue adventure with us!!  I'm only slightly jealous that you got to see the guys three times.  But I'm glad you had such a great time!!  Have fun traveling the world!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)