Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm Forever Yours.....Faithfully

Journey's "Faithfully" is easily one of my favorite songs of all time, so when Boyce Avenue decided to cover it, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I knew it would be good....everything Boyce Avenue does is incredible. But I knew that no matter how good Boyce Avenue's version of it was, it wouldn't top the original for me.

Staying true to form, Alejandro has come up with an arrangement that pays homage to the original, but at the same time, he has made it his own. I would have loved to have seen him do this one on the piano, and I think I would love it so much more if he had.



My personal opinion: Boyce Avenue's cover is not as good as the original, but I really didn't expect it to be in this case. I love these guys. I love everything they do. This cover is no exception. They have done the song justice, and I think it's safe to say that Steve Perry would be proud. ♥

The song is available on iTunes on the New Acoustic Sessions, Volume 2 album.

Check out the video for the original version by Journey below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)