Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fan Q&A With Boyce Avenue

Monday night, Andrea Smith interviewed Boyce Avenue before their Ottawa show.  As a writer for a music blog, Andrea was given the opportunity to interview the guys....and, as part of her interview, she decided to put the word out on Twitter and Facebook, asking fans to submit some questions for the guys.  Andrea has been a fan of Boyce Avenue since 2007 when she first saw them perform, but this was the first time she has had the opportunity to talk with them.

Andrea and the guys

Andrea contacted me and asked me if I wanted to feature the Fan Q&A portion of her interview on the Get Boyced!! Blog....and of course, I responded with a very enthusiastic "OMG!!  YES!!"

I have to applaud Andrea for her creativity....she placed each of the selected questions into a "Falloon" and then Fabian popped each one (a task he became famous for in their "Falloon Massacre" vlog) and read the questions.

Andrea's interview and concert review will be posted online soon, and I will post a link to it as soon as it is available. But for now, here are the fans' questions, and the guys' answers.  :)


My name is Morgan, I'm 20 and I come from Metz, France, and I would like to ask Alejandro, Fabian and Daniel if they would ever be interested in a French collaboration?

D: Absolutely!  I mean we don't....we don't speak French, but I bet we could....try....
A: (chuckles)
D: ....and if there are any French YouTubers out there, we hope to hear of them and maybe we'll make something happen.


When will you be coming to other countries? Like maybe somewhere in the Middle East? Preferably Dubai :) - Hiba Tamimi, Dubai (@BoycedFan on twitter)

A: I'd love to go to Dubai.
F: We try to hit as many countries as possible, it's just sometimes you have to be
invited, or maybe there's politics going on.

If you didn’t have a career in music at present, what job would you most probably have instead? - Aroob Mallhi, Pakistan (@BoycedScout on twitter)

A: Psychiatrist, or Therapist. I'd be Dr Phil.
F: Graphic Designer probably
D: I'd be an attorney still


I [sing] my loudest when I'm in the shower, so my question for the three of you is, excluding performances, when are you at your loudest? - David, from 2nerdstalk on tumblr

F: I like to sing the loudest in the car.
A: After the show on the bus, when we're blasting some dance music.


I was wondering when Boyce Avenue was going to expand their tour a little more, for example coming to other large but considered sub cities of states, such as Syracuse NY, Rochester NY, Buffalo NY, or Binghamton NY. Myself and friends would love to go to one of their shows to see them live but NYC and Pittsburgh (PA) is too far for me and my friends to travel to on week nights. We love their music and hope expansion of BA comes soon, not just for shows but everything in general! - Robert from Woodhull, NY

D: Good question! We're in the process of trying to book a tour for around March. We've played Philly but we haven't played Pittsburgh. Haven't played Denver or Salt Lake in a while. So we're working on getting more shows in smaller cities.
A: We definitely want to play for markets we've never played before.


What is the one craziest or most unexpected thing that's ever happened while you've been on tour? - Crystal from West Virginia

D: Probably this, to be honest!
A: Yeah, getting a bunch of Falloons w/questions in them (looks pointedly at interviewer) ....definitely crazy.


Are you afraid of the 6th November (EMAs), because this day will change your life forever? I'm so excited to see you guys on TV!! - Johanna, Austria

D: Actually, we won't be on TV. The outdoor event probably won't be broadcast, but we're just excited to be playing. All 15,000 tickets sold out in a minute.

When you record your videos, the timing of the audio from the studio recording with the video is just so dead on, and I've always wondered how you accomplish that. Can you explain the process? Do you play the audio from the studio recording while you're filming the video, and just play along and sing along with it? - Melenie in Seattle (@melenie_s on twitter)

F: There's a lot of technical cables and vibrations, and, uh...stuff going on.
(Laughs)
D: we do it in the studio, find what we're comfortable with and just work from that. Over time with our video and Audio team we’ve been able to figure out what we like.
A: Lots of cameras and rehearsals to get it right.


Alejandro, in the story behind the song video for On My Way, you said you were inspired to write the song after watching a movie, what movie was it?? - Talia, Gold Coast, Australia.

D: Let's just say inspiration comes from strange places.
A: I’m sure nobody really wants to know the answer to that one :)


What are your dream collaborations? Dead & live artists? - Jo 'aka' Skittles from Scotland, Boyce Avenue Street Team America Admin & Boyce Avenue Street Team UK & Ireland Officer (@skittles_ba on twitter)

A: Keith Urban, for sure
D: (to A) What about dead?
A: Michael Jackson


Boyce Avenue, if there's one famous song today or from the past that you wish you have written what would it be and why? -Ana from the Philippines (@anaeiram on twitter)

F: ‘Iris’, or ‘Happy Birthday’. Just for the residuals! (laughs)
A: ‘Stop This Train’ by John Mayer or ‘Say’, either one
D: I think ‘Iris’


And, just for fun, here is a little bit of vloggy goodness.....Andrea's "blooper reel" from her Fan Q&A with the guys.



A couple of thoughts:
  • Alejandro's laugh is infectious.
  • My question about the music video process received a very vague answer.....I will have to address this more thoroughly the next time I see the guys and get a more detailed answer.  =P
A big thanks to Andrea for asking me to host this on the Get Boyced!! blog.....it was an honor to be invited to be a part of this!! And of course a big HUGE thanks to Alejandro, Daniel and Fabian for taking the time to answer some questions from the fans!!  We love you guys!!

6 comments:

  1. yaaaaaay one of my questions got answered!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers to andie the interviewer for the great falloon idea + this awesome Q & A session !! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh. That laugh is. Is. Omg. I'm such a sucker for his laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys like it!! It was amazing to meet these guys after so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out this track I made about Boyce http://tracks.roojoom.com/u/annabelkind999,345/boyce-avenue-top-5-covers,1820

    ReplyDelete

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)