Monday, July 25, 2011

NEW VIDEO: "For The First Time" Acoustic Cover

Okay, let me just start by saying I LOVE THIS SONG. It is one of my favorites songs right now, and so when I heard that Boyce Avenue was covering it, I was really excited, but also a bit nervous, because I wanted to love the "Boyced" version more than the original, and I really didn't think I would.

I love it more than the original. ♥

Check it out!!



First of all, I love how much more vulnerable this version is....it seems more personal and intimate somehow. I love that they start it and end it with the line, "Oh, these times are hard, yeah they're makin' us crazy, don't give up on me, baby...." which happens to be my favorite line in the whole song.

It's cool to see Daniel sitting at the piano. Fabian is in this one too (YAY!!) and he's using a fun little contraption called an e-bow, which creates a very cool sound. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I did a little bit of research and found out it's a battery powered device that puts out an electromagnetic pulse and, when placed over the string on a guitar, it creates a long, steady hum. As far as I can tell, the tone of that hum changes depending on the chord being played.

And then there's Alejandro. I always enjoy watching him sing and play his acoustic. This song suits his voice very well, and I love it when he hits those falsettos. As someone on Facebook told him, "I believe if love was a sound, it would sound like your voice." ♥

Congratualtions, guys, on another flawless cover.

(I can't wait to see which ones they choose to sing on their Fall Tour!!)

Click below to listen the the original version by The Script:



No comments:

Post a Comment

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)