Sunday, June 19, 2011

June's Featured Fan: Delma from Austin, Texas

This month's featured fan is one of Boyce Avenue's most dedicated!!

NAME: Delma
AGE: 33 years old
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Delma at home with all her Boyce Avenue memorabilia!!  :)
How and when did you discover Boyce Avenue?
I was on Jordin Sparks' MySpace page in February of 2008. She posted videos of fans who did covers of her songs and she had Boyce Avenue's Alicia Keys/Jordin Sparks/Black Eyed Peas mashup of "No One/Tattoo" on her page. Jordin Sparks' grandmother had sent her the video to look at and she liked it and posted it on her page. Anyway, I was going through the videos and found the Boyce Avenue cover and when I heard Alejandro's voice (I did not know who he was at the time) I was like WOW! I saw the address myspace.com/boyceavenue at the end of the video, so I looked them up and saw they had a YouTube channel. I listened to cover after cover then saw a video of their original song "Find Me." I played that song and fell in love with it, especially when Alejandro said "This song is called Find Me". I have been listening to them ever since.

Your favorite Boyce Avenue cover and your favorite Boyce Avenue original song?
Favorite Cover? I don't have a favorite cover. I love them all. I can say when a new cover comes out I listen to it over and over and think to myself, how much better can these guys get?? My favorite original song is "Find Me." I don't know why, but I can listen to that song over and over. Maybe because the first BA original song I ever listened to.

How many times have you seen BA live, and where?
I have seen Boyce Avenue twice, in Austin at Emo's. First time was June of 2010 and that was just awesome. I waited 2 1/2 years and finally got my moment. I was so nervous that first time. Second time was February of 2011. I had the most awesome time and meeting them again I was excited. They are so real and down to earth. I am going to see them again September 21, 2011 and that will be the best. That's my birthday and to celebrate it BA style will be the time of my life. My husband is great taking me to these shows during the week when he has to wake up the next day at 6am to go to work.

Delma and the guys.

Tell us why you love Boyce Avenue.
When I started listening to these guys and got to know them through their music and finding out they are brothers....I felt like these guys are too good to be real. They write, produce, and do it all when it comes to their music. I started A Fans Page for the guys in June of 2008, four months after I discovered them on MySpace. After telling them all I wanted to do, they always responded with a thank you and said they always appreciate what the fans do for them. I wanted a place where the fans could share their BA experiences and their pictures. After all, without us crazy hardcore fans, where would Boyce Avenue be? What really hooked me in was when they first started touring and the fans telling me how nice and sweet they are and how they make time to meet the fans and take pictures after their shows...for me to experience that just makes you want to do more or all you can to see these guys make it. No one else deserves to [succeed] in the music industry as much as these guys do. To watch these guys grow in the three years of me [being a fan and running the Fan Page on Facebook] it has been unreal. To see how much they have traveled, and have fans from every part of the world, street teams joining together and promoting, and fan pages from all over the world popping up, makes me happy for them. I have met quite a few great BA fans from all around the world, and I am proud to say I am a Boyce Avenue fan.

Today marks the three-year anniversary of Delma's Fan Page for Boyce Avenue.  thanks for being such a great fan, Delma!! Happy BAnniversary!! ♥

Click here to visit Delma's Fan Page for Boyce Avenue on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Delma, what you said is pretty much what I think

    They are almost unreal to me, like invented persons w/ all that principles so ignored nowadays... I think this is great.
    I also can't choose one cover to be my favorite, I love so many of them... I keep asking my husband to take me to a BA gig, what is a litlle dificult, because I live in Brazil and we don't have South American Tours yet. But he gave me hope to take me to one of the shows this year, :)

    I don't know any other group that has so much support from fans as BA! The work of the Street Teams is something new to me, I haven't seen this w/ any other band.
    Thanks for sharing your admiration w/ us ;)

    And Mel, I really love your work here, it's great to read your posts! Keep spreading BA love

    ReplyDelete

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)