Sunday, May 15, 2011

LONDON GETS BOYCED!!

Monday night, Boyce Avenue rocked the house at KOKO in London....and fellow fan and Street Teamer Vikki got to experience Boyce Avenue up close and personal with a Meet & Greet after the show.  Here's Vikki's recap of the night London got Boyced!!


I’ve decided to split this into three parts as I had three different experiences: The Show....The Meet and Greet....And meeting up with other hard core fan,s aka The BA Family!

The Show

To say that the crowd were simply excited is an understatement. The place was buzzing with energy and a burning desire to see those three amazing brothers up on stage doing what they do best!

Waiting for the guys to come on stage was so exciting I had trouble trying to stay calm and not spill my drinks! Then the lights went down. The music started to build and BAM!! There they were The Manzano Brothers! All three, looking very cool and very sexy. They started with Daylight, straight into Tonight which is one of my favourites. I can’t accurately remember the set list but every song was met with passion from the crowd including myself.

Broken Angel was devastatingly beautiful, as was Briane. My favourites, On My Way and Find Me were sung effortlessly. Alejandro’s voice was so intoxicating I couldn’t help but just stand there watching him. Both songs were sung with raw emotion that brought tears to my eyes. At the same time hearing them sung like that was like experiencing a passionate clinch in the darkest corner of a bedroom. Totally toe tingling. When The Lights Die was electric and on fire! I love seeing these guys getting lost in the zone and rocking it out up on stage with oodles of energy and enjoyment. Even better when they are taking us along for the ride with them. They were rocking so hard that Ale’s G-string snapped!!!... On his guitar!!!They were talking and being funny throughout the show, which was great. Us Londoners love a good laugh and a sing off to Hear Me Now. They performed I think four covers Back for Good, Wonderwall, Perfect and Dynamite with the Cajon play off which was excellent.  They were totally on form and everything about the show was brilliant. An exquisite, performance, one which I was thrilled to share with my sister and friends.

The Meet & Greet


As soon as the guys left the stage, we had to make our way over to the merchandise table and wait for the man with The List (which hundreds of girls would give anything to get on, and I’m thrilled to say that I was on it!) There were a few fans who did try it on but as the saying goes, “If your name's not down, you’re not going in.” Once everyone was assembled we were taken back stage for the Meet and Greet.

As we made our way though, I started to feel a little nervous. Don’t know why and I had no reason to be either. Fabian came out first, big smile on his face and straight away started hugging us all one by one. We all had items to get signed and photos to take, so while he chatted away with us he started signing. I asked him to sign a poster for my daughter Rosie who is 5 years old. He did and wrote her name at the top with a little heart underneath.


Alejandro and Daniel then came out, smiling and giving full-on hugs. It was a very surreal moment to have them standing there in front of me....three guys whom I greatly admire and respect in so many ways. Ale made his way round to me for a photo. So I took the opportunity to give him the “Falloon” bracelets I made (platted leather cord with some beads and one bead with his falloon face painted on it.)
 

Daniel came over and I gave him his bracelet. They said, “Oh, that is awesome!” and started laughing. They asked if I used a different coloured bead for Fabians, and I told them no, I just painted it slightly darker just like it is on the t shirts and video log, which they found very funny. It all got a bit busy then and the guys had to leave, but before they left they made sure we were okay and happy that we had everything signed, etc. One last cuddle goodbye for each of us and that was the end of the meet and greet.


Meeting, Alejandro, Fabian and Daniel was incredible they are very funny guys, cool, down to earth and tall! They take it all in stride and genuinely care about us fans and want to interact with us all. I love the fact that I can now say that I went backstage and cuddled three tall, dark and handsome men! LOL! What more could a girl ask for?


The BA Family

The other wonderful experience of that night was meeting some fellow Boyce Avenue fans, or The BA Family as we now call ourselves. For months we have all chatted away on facebook. And with the help of facebook, twitter and mobile phones, we managed to all meet up. It was amazing and very emotional as we all shared this intense passion about Boyce Avenue and to finally m be together in what was an exhilarating performance was quite overwhelming. Lots of photos were taken and gifts exchanged.

After it was all over and doors closed, Daniel had already left with his gorgeous family, but we managed to grab Fabian and Alejandro for one last group photo and more hugs! Needless to say the whole night was EPIC!

I’ve been to many gigs but only a handful of them have ever left me feeling so high. These guys are right up there on top of my list. They are just three guys, three guitars and their excellent drummer Jason Burrows. No thrills, no gimmicks just true talent and pure class. Boyce Avenue are sensational and deserve great success. If you haven’t seen them yet shame on you! GO! Go now and get Boyced!!

Vikki Marchant



Thanks for sharing your Boyce Avenue adventure with us, Vikki! Sounds like it was a fantastic time!! :)

2 comments:

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)