Thursday, May 5, 2011

I've Been Boyced!!

My name is Melenie, and I am shamelessly obsessed with Boyce Avenue.  I decided to start this blog to show my support for the band, so I figured what better way to start the fun than to tell you how I came to know and love Boyce Avenue.

In May of 2009, I went to YouTube searching for an acoustic version of One Republic's "Apologize" and found a cover of the song, performed by Boyce Avenue.  I was absolutely blown away, and spent the next several hours watching the dozens of videos they had uploaded to YouTube.  Not only was their selection of covers incredibly diverse, I found every single one to be better than the original version of the song.    I was hooked.

I went to iTunes and bought everything I could find from this trio of brothers from Sarasota, Florida....four albums of acoustic covers, and their debut album of original music titled All You're Meant To Be.

Three months later, I saw Boyce Avenue perform live for the first time at a little place called Martini Ranch in Scottsdale, Arizona.  I was so impressed with how awesome they sounded live, and how well they interacted with the crowd.  I hung around after the show to meet them and tell them how much I enjoyed their music.  They were so down-to-earth and easy to talk to.  And so, my obsession was born.  :)

Me & Boyce Avenue at Martini Ranch, Scottsdale, AZ, June 2009


Over the last two years, I have watched Boyce Avenue continue to produce covers that literally dominate the originals being played on the radio, as well as a second album of original music, All We Have Left.  These guys are some of the most passionate and hard-working artists in the business.  Not only do they produce and finance all of their own music and videos, but they also promote and finance their tours across the US and around the world.    When they aren't touring, they spend their time in their home state of Florida, producing new videos and finding ways to make every cover they do their own....something die-hard fans call "Boycing a song."

Boyce Avenue's covers are incredible, but their original music is where they really shine.  Each song has its own story, it's own personality, with beautiful, often deeply personal lyrics. It quite literally takes me to another place when I listen to them, touching my soul in a way no other music ever has.  It's hard to explain the connection I feel to Boyce Avenue's music, but the impact it has had on me is profound. Like a faithful friend, it has gotten me through some of the darkest moments of my life over the last two years, and has been the soundtrack for some of my greatest personal triumphs.

Three months ago, I went to my second - and third - Boyce Avenue show....two nights in a row, at a great venue called The Vera Project in Seattle, Washington.  Both shows were sold out, and the energy was incredible.  They were even more amazing live than they were two years ago.  It makes me proud to see how they've grown as a band, and there are few things I have found to be more fun than watching them interact with the crowd.  These guys are the real deal in every way. Their live shows are not to be missed.

Me and Boyce Avenue at The Vera Project, Seattle, WA, February 2011


I invite each of you to spend some time getting to know Boyce Avenue's music.  I guarantee you won't be disappointed.  Check out their YouTube Channel, and if you hear something that you like, support the band by buying it on iTunes.  Links can be found at the end of this post, or in the sidebar to the right.

As for this blog....well, like I said, it's just my way of showing my support for the guys.  I'll keep it updated with news, tour info, videos, featured fans, and more.  Feel free to stop by anytime for a dose of Boyce Avenue.  :)

 Boyce Avenue's YouTube Channel

Buy Boyce Avenue Music on iTunes

6 comments:

  1. Hi,Melanie!

    I´ve been Boyced too, and now your blog is on my favotite bar. Congratulations, lay out and posts are amazing.

    Kisses from a brazilian Boycer (Is it an expression?) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie :-)
    I´m Boyced too! And I love your blog...

    Greetings from Germany :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    Tatiane - I think we should make "Boycer" the official definition for anyone who introduces friends, family members, or total strangers to Boyce Avenue music would be proud to be called a Boycer. I've Boyced my whole family and lots of my friends! Hehe.

    ~Melenie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,
    I love your idea to make "Boycer" the official definition for anyone who introduces friends and so on.
    I´m totally BOYCED and don´t call me crazy...but...I would really love to marry Alejandro :-D
    Lol...

    Geetings from Germany...again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Melenie. I´ve just sent Ale a message asking what does he think of our Boycer idea. I hope he likes and make it an official expression! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, principessa, I understand....he just has that effect on women. ;)

    Tatiane, that's funny. Hopefully he approves! ;)

    ReplyDelete

KEEP IT CLEAN | RESPECT EACH OTHER | STAY ON TOPIC

(Comments that are disrespectful, off-topic, or contain profanity may be removed at the Admin's discretion. Spam will be removed without exception.)